Sunday, August 3, 2014

Banana Boat Crepes

I loooooove crepies and have a new addiction to Buckwheat so I put two and two together to create this banging four ingredient crepe recipe.

The Buckwheat Flour was made with whole groats by blending them in my Blendtec and the same was done with whole Oats to make my Oat Flour. I love the nutty earthiness of the two flavours combined.

Ingredients

1/2 cup of Buckwheat Flour
1/2 cup of Oat Flour
1 cup of Almond Milk
1 ripe Banana
A tiny bit of oil for cooking - I prefer to use Coconut Oil

I like my crepes and pancakes dense but if you like you're thinner, add more Almond Milk.

Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth. Heat frying pan and place a tiny bit of oil into the pan, melt and swirl it around. Once the oil is heated pour about 1/8 of the crepe mixture into the pan and tilt it until it is thin and even throughout. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on medium heat, lift edges with a butter knife or flat egg flipper and turn over. Cook on opposite side for about a minute, remove from pan and place onto plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture until it has all been used up.

This entire recipe makes 6-8 medium sized crepes and consists of approximately 400 calories. Share the recipe with one of your favourite peeps and you're eating only 200 calories for breakfast!! Yes, please!!

I served the crepes in the picture with a Peanut-Cacao sauce that I mixed up but this morning I served them with 100% Canadian Maple Syrup and fresh Raspberries.

One of my all time favourite Maple Syrup's is produced in Quebec, Canada by Pinowood. It's amazing :)

Enjoy!

xTx

No comments:

Post a Comment